Outdoor Burn Permits

If you plan to start a fire outdoors, you must have a permit from the Department of Natural Resources (usually, fires at established campsites and in private yards that are contained in metal rings are excepted from permitting). Permits are free – all you need to do is check the DNR web site to see what restrictions may exist for your area. To do that, click here.