WOLF-FM General Contest Rules
97.7 The Wolf loves to run contests, and give prizes to our listeners. To help give all our listeners an equal chance to win, we have established contest rules. The following rules apply to our general, day-to-day contests, including (but not limited to) the Stack-O-Stuff Giveaway each weekday morning, occasional telephone call-in contests, and contests administered by our satellite programming provider, Dial Global. In general, these contests offer varied prizes valued at less than $100.00. For larger contests, separate rules are created. Rules for those events are posted on pages specific to those events. If you have any questions about which rules apply to a specific contest, please call our office during business hours at (906) 482-7700, and we’ll be happy to clarify.
Station: 97.7 The Wolf / WOLV-FM
313 E. Montezuma Ave
Houghton, MI 49930
Houghton Community Broadcasting, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (the “Company”), will conduct the contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- Description of Contest/Participation.
- Dates of Contest: As specified per contest or promotional message.
- How to Enter: As specified in contest or promotional message.
- How to Play: As specified in contest or promotional message.
- Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are: Specific to contest. If a winner is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Prizes of equal value might be substituted.
- Claiming Prizes. Prizes must be picked up by the winner in person at the Houghton Community Broadcasting office at 313 E. Montezuma Avenue, Houghton, MI 49930, within 14 days after prize is awarded. The winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification, provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number, and sign a prize release form to claim a prize. If a winner wishes some else to pick up the prize on their behalf, they must notify the Company in advance. Entrants who are determined to have falsified entry forms in any way will be disqualified.
- Eligibility and Limitations. A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) prize per household for contests with multiple prizes. Only one (1) prize valued at less than $100 per household from any of the Company’s stations within any thirty (30) day period, and no more than four per year. Only one prize valued at more than $100 per household in any 13-month period. Employees of the Company, this contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, former employees who worked for Houghton Community Broadcasting or any of its predecessor companies within the past two years, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. The Company disclaims all liability for any delays, mis delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Entries must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms is permitted.
- Internet Entries. In the event internet entries are allowed, no more than one entry may come from any specific email address or social network account. The entry must be made by the authorized account holder of the email address or social network account. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Company. Entries submitted through any computer program designed for mass duplication of messages are not permitted. The Company’s computer is the official time keeping device for the promotion. The Company is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the
internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems.
- Publicity. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
- Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Any person winning over $100 in prizes from the Station and over $600 in accumulative prizes from the Station and/or Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Decisions. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Further, the Company will resolve any disputes or ambiguities concerning the rule and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company may substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time as announced on the station. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of this contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the station and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
- Compliance with Law. The conduct of this contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the contest, etc. as required by local and state law.