The Wolf Stocking Stuffer Giveaway!
Here is the list of gifts and sponsors:
Monday, 11-24 – Five 20-dollar gift certificates from Calumet Ace Hardware.
Tuesday, 11-25 – A remote car starter from Sounds & Motion in Houghton.
Wednesday, 11-26 – Two 50-dollar gift cards from Tadych’s Econo Foods in Houghton.
Thursday, 11-27 – No prize (Thanksgiving)
Friday, 11-28 – Holiday Gift Tin from Coca-Cola of Hancock
Monday, 12-01 – A 100-dollar gift certificate from Downwind Sports in downtown Houghton.
Tuesday, 12-02, – A 40-dollar gift certificate from Superior Video in Calumet and Baraga.
Wednesday, 12-03 – A 60-dollar prepaid wireless gift certificate from the Ice Cream Pit Stop in Houghton.
Thursday, 12-04 – A poinsettia from Calumet Floral and Gifts. (Value up to $50.00)
Friday, 12-05 – A 100-dollar gift certificate from Salon 1281 and the Posh Boutique in Laurium.
Monday, 12-08 – A 50-dollar gift card from the MTU Campus Store and University Images.
Tuesday, 12-09 – A complete interior/exterior detailing package from Sayen’s Auto in Houghton.
Wednesday, 12-10 – A 100-dollar gift card from Surplus Outlet in downtown Houghton.
Thursday, 12-11 – Two 50-dollar gift certificates from your Houghton Walmart Supercenter.
Friday, 12-12 – A fresh holiday arrangement from The Flower Shop in Hancock.
Monday, 12-15 – A 100-dollar gift certificate for tax services from Superior Accounting and Tax Services in Houghton.
Tuesday, 12-16 – Lots of Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash from Pepsi of Houghton.
Wednesday, 12-17 – A Samsung Blue Ray Player from Kirkish Furniture in Houghton.
Thursday, 12-18 – A ski jacket valued at up to 100-dollars from Cross Country Sports in Calumet.
Friday, 12-19 – An assortment of gifts from McCabe Distributing, distributors of Yellow Tail Wine.
Houghton Walmart Supercenter
Downwind Sports in Houghton
Superior Video – Calumet & Baraga
Ice Cream Pit Stop -Houghton
Superior Accounting and Tax Services in Houghton
Calumet Floral and Gifts
Yellow Tail Wine (Distributed by McCabe Distributing of Laurium)
Sounds & Motion in Houghton
MTU Campus Store / University Images
Calumet Ace Hardware
The Flower Shop in Hancock
Contest Rules: Houghton Community Broadcasting, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (the “Company”), will conduct the contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
– Description of Contest/Participation.
– Dates of Contest: November 24 to December 19, 2014
– How to Enter: Call in when prompted on December 19, 2014
– How to Play: Listen each weekday to the Keweenaw’s Own Morning Show on 97.7 The Wolf. Several times between 6:00 am and 10:00 am, the host will tell you what new gift is being added into the stocking, and the name of the sponsor providing it. Write down the name of the gift and the sponsor. On December 19th, a final prize will be added in the 7:00 a.m. hour. Sometime between then and 10:00 a.m., the radio station will play “Jingle Bells” by The Singing Dogs. When the song begins, contestants will call 482-9700. We’ll start playing the game with the third caller received. From that point, the first caller to name all the gifts and sponsors – IN ORDER – will win all the gifts in the stocking! Gift description must be substantially correct, but need not be exactly as announced – acceptance of prize descriptions as accurate is completely at the discretion of Houghton Community Broadcasting. We’ll also post the gift and the sponsor on our Facebook page and at www.TheWolf.com – but only for the day they’re added to the stocking. Additional announcements and postings of prizes added to the stocking, enabling listeners to “catch up,” may be scheduled, at the discretion of Houghton Community Broadcasting. Other than that, no prize information will be given out on days other than those on which a specific prize is introduced.
– Other Requirements:
– Prizes: The prizes that will be awarded to the eligible winner will include a number of items obtained from station sponsors. All the items will be mentioned during the contest. The full list will be posted after the contest is completed. Prize value will exceed $1,600. Prizes of equal value might be substituted if necessary.
– Eligibility and Limitations: You must be 21 or older to win. Employees of the Houghton Community Broadcasting and its sister companies, owners or employees of participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. Former employees of Houghton Community Broadcasting or any of its predecessors, and their immediate family members, are not eligible to win until two years from the final date of employment. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Listeners who have won a prize valued at more than $100.00 in the past 12 months, and members of their immediate families, are not eligible. Winners must maintain their legal residence within a 60-mile radius of Houghton, Michigan.
– Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. Participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number. Houghton Community Broadcasting disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Houghton Community Broadcasting’s control, or otherwise. Houghton Community Broadcasting disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method.
– Publicity. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant Houghton Community Broadcasting exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
– Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against Houghton Community Broadcasting, its employees and agents, and the contest sponsors, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize.
– Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to Houghton Community Broadcasting, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide Houghton Community Broadcasting with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Any person winning over $100 in prizes from the Station and over $600 in accumulative prizes from the Station and/or Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
– Decisions. Houghton Community Broadcasting reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Further, Houghton Community Broadcasting will resolve any disputes or ambiguities concerning the rule and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. All decisions will be made by Houghton Community Broadcasting and are final. Houghton Community Broadcasting may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
– Miscellaneous. Winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign Houghton Community Broadcasting’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Houghton Community Broadcasting may substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time as announced on the station. Houghton Community Broadcasting disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of this contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the station and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
– Compliance with Law. The conduct of this contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the contest, etc. as required by local and state law.