This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the creation of a workplace free from discrimination and harassment. We recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate, and provide benefits and privileges to individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, sex, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Our company is committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and valued member of the team.
Production Director-Houghton Community Broadcasting
The programming of a radio station will make it the choice for many in the audience, the commercial production and imaging will make it the choice for advertisers. We’re looking for an audio guru to take the reins and increase the success of the top three station in our local market.
Your activities would be:
- Assign announcers for production when necessary, schedule recording sessions with outside clients, producing commercials, upload and edit national commercials, organize automation storage and on-site archive.
- Work with the sales department in order to improve and/or freshen copy ideas for current and prospective clients.
- Imaging of stations and working within the formats to improve on-air sound and keep stations local, within the confines of format clocks.
- Candidate will also be assigned an airshift on one of the three stations, based on their strength within our formats and substitute for other announcers when necessary.
- Candidate will be assigned remote broadcasts to be announcer on-site or producing the live show in the studio.
- Candidate may also be compensated for additional work outside of the department, i.e.sports play-by-play or other opportunities based on their abilities.
Candidate should know how to run an audio board and an automation system. Should have experience with an audio editing program with multi-track options. Adobe Audition is the in-house program. Have experience and be comfortable downloading production pieces from internet sites.
Preferred candidate will have a degree through a broadcast program or a college degree in broadcast media.
Applicant should have previous radio and production experience, whether through education or actual on the air shifts.
Vacation and personal days; along with health, dental, and eye insurance may be subsidized after probationary period.
To apply, send your tape and resume to the attention of Kevin Ericson, Houghton Community Broadcasting Corporation, 313 E. Montezuma Avenue, Houghton, MI 49931, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete details available at http://thewolf.com. For questions call Kevin at 906-482-7700. Houghton Community Broadcasting Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Part Time Board Operator
Houghton Community Broadcasting is looking for a part-time board operator. This position involves coordinating sports events from the studio and facilitating other remote broadcasts. The candidate that will be hired should expect to be able to work nights and weekends, with some late weekday hours during the spring.
All shifts will be paid a minimum of four hours, except for a Sunday morning church service, no matter how long an assigned game lasts.
Required: Good communication skills, independence, and some knowledge of sports. The qualifying candidate will need to have some knowledge of running a computer program, i.e. cutting, pasting, icons, mini programs or subroutines, and military time. They should also have had some background in a basic audio mixer and its operation.
Desired: Some background in audio editing, a program such as Adobe Audition. A pleasant speaking voice, and dealing with the public, either via the phone or in person.
Preference will also be give to someone who is in the area and able to work during semester break and the first two weeks in March. Our hours will be less during the months of June through August.
To apply: Contact Kevin Ericson. Email email@example.com or call 906-482-7700 with questions. Please give work experience and if possible an audio sample.
News Director-Houghton Community Broadcasting
We’re looking for a newshound for the MAB Station of the Year! This is a unique opportunity for a recent graduate, who wants to build a resume, or a veteran wanting to return to small-town reporting. Someone with knowledge of current local, regional, and national news and events. This individual will need to develop and maintain good relations with news contacts and other sources of information. Strong writing skills, on-air, and on-camera presence are vital to being able to do this job. A strong work ethic, good time management, organizational skills, and creativity are needed. The successful candidate will take this expertise of local news gathering to three different arenas:
1. Daily radio newscasts for our Houghton-based radio group, WOLV-FM, WHKB-FM, and WCCY-AM. A one-hour public affairs program is produced and promoted each week by the News Director. Knowledge of digital automation and digital audio editors (Adobe Audition) will be helpful in the production of live and “taped” newscasts.
2. As Keweenaw Bureau Manager of our Ishpeming-based television stations, ABC 10 (WBUP-TV) and the CW 5 (WBKP-TV), this position requires daily communication with main News Department office. Stories from Keweenaw Bureau will be any daily variety of report ranging from straight “read” copy to video only to a package. Position requires writing, shooting and editing (with equipment and software provided by company) submitting to TV station.
3. Taking the completed copy, audio, and video to our internet and social media sites to further promote the news department’s brand. Basic knowledge of cutting and pasting of copy, cropping pictures, and uploading media will be helpful.
To apply, send your resume to the attention of Kevin Ericson, Houghton Community Broadcasting Corporation, 313 E. Montezuma Avenue, Houghton, MI 49931, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete details available at http://thewolf.com. For questions call Kevin at 906-482-7700. Houghton Community Broadcasting Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
News Department Assistant for Houghton Community Broadcasting/Lake Superior Broadcasting
Lake Superior Community Broadcasting Corp. has a full-time opportunity to be our new Keweenaw Bureau reporter located in beautiful Houghton, Michigan! This opportunity is a perfect entry-level position combining your talents in radio, and television. The right candidate will have experience with both television and radio, and be comfortable being in front of a camera and on-air on the radio, as needed. Must have good time management skills and be able to produce multiple stories a day.
Must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism and know how to shoot, edit, and write news stories.
Submit resumes and demo reels to email@example.com.
Lake Superior Community Broadcasting and Houghton Community Broadcasting are EOE.
Wolftrax Mobile DJ Service: WEEKEND DJ NEEDED
Wolftrax Mobile DJ Service is looking for a high energy, music loving, weekend DJ for bookings on a regular basis at local bars and establishments. Applicants must have a reliable vehicle, clean driving record, and a valid driver’s license. Experience is preferred but we will train the right person. Send your brief resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 906-482-7700 during weekday business hours. Houghton Community Broadcasting Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOUGHTON COMMUNITY BROADCASTING CORPORATION ALWAYS IS INTERESTED IN FINDING THE RIGHT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE.
You will be responsible for the retail success of the Keweenaw through servicing existing clients and soliciting new advertisers for radio and television through prospecting and cold calling. Success will be found by identifying their marketing needs and customizing a plan to fit their advertising budgets. You’ll be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals, managing collections from accounts receivable, writing creative radio commercials for our radio stations and television spots for ABC 10 WBUP and CW 5 WBKP. The ideal candidate will be industry savvy, computer proficient, understanding new social media, and able to provide excellent customer service. To apply, send your resume to the attention of Jeff Harju, Houghton Community Broadcasting Corporation, 313 E. Montezuma Avenue, Houghton, MI 49931, or email email@example.com. Complete details available at http://thewolf.com. For questions call Jeff at 906-482-7700. Houghton Community Broadcasting Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly, annual sales goals.
- Prospect and develop new clients for increased revenue to the station.
- Generate ideas and sales proposals for prospects and station clients that will bring success to their retail business.
- Provide outstanding client service that becomes the standard for the station.
- Implement and manage all aspects of sales and station promotions sold and be present at client events & station events. Assist with other promotions and marketing efforts as requested by management.
- Recap sales promotions for station clients.
- Create and manage client production needs.
- Responsible for station contracts for their account list and collections.
- Develop areas of non-traditional revenue, i.e. website, social media, that will bring success to both client and company.
- Execute all contests and promotions within the accepted standards of all regulatory laws and station / corporate policies.
- Insure, protect and promote the Houghton Community Broadcasting brand and logo.
- Represent Houghton Community Broadcasting in the highest regard within the community and business environment – be involved in civic and professional organizations to further project the Houghton Community Broadcasting name and image.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours particularly weekends and holidays in support of station events and promotions.
Work Experience Preferred:
– 2 years outside sales/sales promotion experience
Skills & Abilities required:
– Excellent presentation skills
– Outstanding communication skills both oral and written
– Ability to multitask
– Excellent organizational skills, able to set priorities, and be responsive to client requests.
– Demonstrate ability to execute results against strategy and meet critical deadlines
– Highly motivated and enthusiastic
– Strong computer skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
– Internet knowledge with website advertising and social media.
– Attention to detail and follow up is necessary.
– The ability to form and continue client relationships on behalf of the radio station.
– Available transportation to/from sales appointments and office.
– College Degree in media, marketing, business or communications
Licenses & Certifications required:
– Valid Drivers License and Reliable Transportation
-Job Location: Houghton, Michigan