Local News Headlines from KeweenawReport.com
Live Thursday Sept 30 @ 7:00 PM
It’s time for The Wolf Pro Football Challenge!
Make your picks and join us at 9:30AM Thursday for ours!
Click on the icon for rules and locations
Superior Tax and Accounting
What’s going on? Check our Community Page!
For closings and cancellations, click here.
2018 Michigan Association of Broadcasters station of the year!
Houghton Community Broadcasting is proud to announce that 97.7 The Wolf, WOLV-FM, is the Michigan Association of Broadcaster’s 2018 Commercial Radio Station of the Year for Market Four.
It’s the first time that a station part of the Houghton Community Broadcasting’s radio group, consisting of WOLV-FM, K-Bear 102.3 WHKB-FM, and 99.3 The Lift/1400AM WCCY-AM/FM, has won the award.
WOLV-FM is part of The Michigan Marks Group, a group of radio and television stations owned by Stephen Marks.
Along with winning Station of the Year, WOLV-FM took home six “Best” awards and two “Merit” awards, including:
- Best Breaking News Story—Todd Van Dyke, “Father’s Day Flood”
- Best Newscast—Keweenaw Report for June 19, 2018
- Best Investigative Story—Lee Snitz, “Yooperlites”
- Best Use of New Media—Keweenaw Report, “Father’s Day Flood”
- Special Show Broadcast Personality—John Carroll and Kevin Ericson, “Grill and Chill”
- Best Featuring Programming: Copper Country Today—”Gun Violence”
- Merit for Investigative Story—”Missing Commissioner”
- Merit for Feature/Use of Medium—Copper Country Today, “Pine Mountain Music Festival”
Todd Van Dyke, weekday host of Your Morning Coffee on K-Bear 102.3 WHKB-FM, also won Best Morning Show Personality, bringing the total number of awards for Houghton Community Broadcasting to seven Best awards and two Merit awards.
The 2018 Broadcast Excellence Awards were held in Lansing, MI on Wednesday, March 6, 2019 at the Lansing Center as part of the Great Lakes Media Show.