Win a $350 prize package!
This Wednesday, one house in the Copper Country will carry a special designation – The WOLF HALLOWEEN HOUSE. If you’re the first to find it, you’ll win a prize package worth $300.00!
Each weekday from October 25th through October 31st, we’ll reveal a clue as to the location of the Halloween House. Todd VanDyke will announce it several times on the Keweenaw’s Own Morning Show, and Kevin Ericson will repeat it again during the afternoon show.
The clues will point you toward a street somewhere in the Copper Country. On Halloween, one of the homes on that street will be the Halloween House. If you’re the first person after 5:00 p.m. to visit the house and ask if it’s the Wolf Halloween House, you’ll win a package of prizes from our sponsors, including…
Walmart Supercenter in Houghton
Tina’s Catalina Restaurant in South Range
Tadych’s Econo Foods in Houghton
Miller’s Recreation in Laurium
Cross Country Sports in Calumet
Out of the Norm Tattoos in Calumet
Basic Rules: An adult (at least age 18) must be present when the question is asked to claim the prize. The contest does not begin until 5:00 p.m. If you arrive at the Wolf Halloween House before 5:00 and ask, you will be told that the home is NOT the Halloween House. Time will be monitored at the House by an appointed station representative, and that time designation shall, whether deemed accurate or not by a contestant, be the sole time designation used in the contest. In the event that two or more contestants arrive at nearly the same time, the appointed station representative shall have sole authority to determine which is the winner.
More Rules – Houghton Community Broadcasting, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (the “Company”), will conduct the contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- Description of Contest/Participation. The Wolf Halloween House will be a single home in the station’s listening area. Clues to the home’s location will be provided on the air, and may or may not also be provided via other methods of delivery, including the station web site of Facebook page. Contestants must figure out on which street the House is located. Beginning at 5:00 p.m. on October 31, 2014, the first adult contestant (age 18+) who asks if the house is the Wolf Halloween House will win a prize package.
- Dates of Contest: October 25-31, 2014.
- How to Enter: Listen for clues on the radio station. No advance entry is necessary.
- How to Play: Contestants must figure out on which street the House is located. Beginning at 5:00 p.m. on October 31, 2014, the first adult contestant (age 18+) who asks if the house is the Wolf Halloween House will win a prize package. If a contestant arrives at the Wolf Halloween House before 5:00 and asks, the contestant will be told that the home is NOT the Halloween House. Time will be monitored at the House by an appointed station representative, and that time designation shall, whether deemed accurate or not by a contestant, be the sole time designation used in the contest. In the event that two or more contestants arrive at nearly the same time, the appointed station representative shall have sole authority to determine which is the winner.
- Prize(s). The prize that may be awarded to the eligible winner is: Five $50.00 certificates or items of equal value from each of the five contest sponsors. If a winner is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Prizes of equal value might be substituted.
- Claiming Prizes. Prizes must be picked up by the winner in person at the Houghton Community Broadcasting office at 313 E. Montezuma Avenue, Houghton, MI 49930, within 14 days after prize is awarded. The winner must provide valid government-issued photo identification, provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number, and sign a prize release form to claim a prize. If a winner wishes some else to pick up the prize on their behalf, they must notify the Company in advance. Entrants who are determined to have falsified entry forms in any way will be disqualified.
- Eligibility and Limitations. A parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Only one (1) prize per household for contests with multiple prizes. Only one (1) prize valued at less than $100 per household from any of the Company’s stations within any thirty (30) day period, and no more than four per year. Only one prize valued at more than $100 per household in any 13-month period. Employees of the Company, this contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, former employees who worked for Houghton Community Broadcasting or any of its predecessor companies within the past two years, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Publicity. By participating, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use.
- Release. By participating, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Any person winning over $100 in prizes from the Station and over $600 in accumulative prizes from the Station and/or Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Decisions. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Further, the Company will resolve any disputes or ambiguities concerning the rule and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- Miscellaneous. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company may substitute prizes of equivalent value, amend the rules or discontinue the contest at any time as announced on the station. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of this contest. Written copies of these rules are available during normal business hours at the business offices of the station and by mail upon written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.
- Compliance with Law. The conduct of this contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the contest, etc. as required by local and state law.